We go to great lengths to make sure that your data is held securely, and is used in compliance with GDPR. Your personal details will be:
- Lawfully, fairly and transparently kept
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purpose to which they are processed;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Permits identification of data subjects no longer than necessary;
- Processed in a manner to ensure appropriate security of the personal data.
We use the already GDPR compliant MailChimp for sending out emails, so your information is kept securely online and only accessible by our membership and mail-out officers. When you join, we ask for your name, email address (for emailed newsletters and updates) and your phone number in case of event cancellation. Your address is held so that we can send your bat group sticker and welcome pack, but is unlikely to be used after that.
If you wish to be removed from the mailing list, then you can click unsubscribe at any point on any email sent by the group. Please be aware that there is no way to undo this, and emails are our only way of letting you know what is happening, so choosing to unsubscribe means you won’t hear from us again. Memberships are renewed by the end of March each year at the very latest (the membership year runs January to December). At the end of March all details of members who have not renewed are deleted from the system. You have the right to be removed from our system at any time: just email email@example.com to do this.